- Open Play every Tuesday – Friday 10:00 – 2:00
- After-School Tutoring Services every Monday – Friday 3:00 – 5:30, following the school calendar
We have Spring Break this month so there will be no After-School Tutoring or Classes the week of March 20-24.
- Birthday Party Slots Available on Saturdays
- One-on-One Tutoring Appointments Available on Weekday Afternoons
- Homeschool Consults Available on Weekday Afternoons
Daily Open Play
$10/Child with One Free Accompanying Adult Entry Per Child
Homeschool Friday – March 3
It’s time to start thinking about your Summer-time plans…
- Crafty Creations – In this camp, we’re going to make a mess and do all the fun crafts & creations that kids like to do! Tie-dye, Clay Bead-Making, Rainbow Loom, Perler Beads, Friendship Bracelets, etc.
- Engineering Hurricanes – Using what we learn about hurricanes during the week and how they affect various building practices along the Gulf Coast, we will explore different materials and build our own “Hurricane-proof” houses. Then, we’ll test them by creating our own “hurricanes”!
- Lego Robotics – Students will spend the week designing, building, and coding Robots using LEGOS!
- Camp Culinary – In this camp, we’ll learn and practice lots of basic cooking skills such as proper measurement, knife skills, and stovetop safety. We’ll prepare and cook various dishes and baked goods throughout the week. There will be lots of sampling and tasting and perhaps even a dish or two brought home for the family to enjoy!
- Money Matters – In this camp focusing on Money Mindsets, we’ll learn how to Save for our Dreams, Spend Money Responsibly, and the Do’s and Don’ts of Budgeting. We’ll finish the week learning about Marketing & Entrepreneurship as we host our own Community Lemonade Stand!
- Sensory Science Experiments – In this camp, we’ll be doing all of the fun and messy science experiments… Volcano Eruptions, Oobleck, Candy Chromatography, Changing Color Potions, Mento Geysers, and more!
- Insects & Arachnids – In this camp, we’ll explore Arthropods. We’ve taken the most fun lessons & activities from our recent Science Unit Study and made them into a camp! We’ll study our Ant Farm, Learn about Honey Bees, Make Honey-Candy, Release Butterflies, and Dissect Crawfish.
- Board Game Tournament – We’re taking the really fun board games and adding them to a Tournament Bracket that we complete throughout the week. There will be lots of fun & prizes!
- SING! Music & Talent Show – We’ll be singing our favorite songs all week and working on a Special Talent Performance from each camper and songs that we’ll sing together as a group. We’ll end the week with a special Talent Show from all of our Campers!
- Simple Machines (STEM) – Don’t let the name fool you – Simple Machines are anything but SIMPLE. These amazing creations have helped build pyramids, treehouses, and everything in between. Join us as we learn how they can help us in every day lives and even get to build our own!
- Quiet on Set! – Students will spend the week learning theater basics and putting together their very own skit that they will present at the end of camp.
- Survivor! Island Edition (STEM) – Can you survive on a deserted island? Using just natural resources, students will have to build their own shelters, filter water, gather food, and more to survive a week on their island!
- Simple Gardening – In this camp, we’ll be learning about various gardening concepts and putting them into practice. Each camper will get to bring home their own seedlings to nurture and watch growRegister for Summer Camps!Our Homeschoolers are starting a new Science Unit Study next week! Let us know if you’d like to join in!Let’s talk about Spring Break!We’re considering running some Day-Camps and/or a Mini Camp for the week that our local kids are out of school for Spring Break. Is this something you’d be interested in? Let’s start a chat here in the comment section of this post. Let us know what your kids are most interested in that you’d like to see, what times you would need, etc. We’d love to hear from you because it’s definitely easier to plan things when we know what’s needed! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know.Leave a comment
Visit our website glowbugsplayhouse.com for more information about:
- Tutoring Services
- Birthday Parties & Rentals
- Employment Opportunities
- Programs & Classes
- Support & Sponsorships